Sunday, February 18, 2007

HAVE A NICE DAY

Ahhh...hello fans and friends. All I can say is la buena vida or la vida buena, mucho buena to be exact. It has been quite a run since I started my first blog with OSIIS, The Open Source Internet Intelligence Service.

When I started the OSIIS my inspiration was self-preservation and vengeance through revelation. I am sure all of you know what motivators those two concepts can be. Fortunately, I had the cogency, presence of mind and writing skills to pull it off. Perhaps, the most challenging part was exposing myself to the world.

Privacy, solitude and peace have always been equivalent to beauty for me. That is most likely the reason why I turned down multiple job offers from companies like Aetna, Monsanto, Baxter Healthcare, Carnation and Procter & Gamble. However, one cannot overlook my disdain for boredom and bullshit. Nevertheless, I found that my most comfortable place was within nature. Whether it was waves, ocean, spearfishing, nature, trees, or gardening; working within the elements of nature and the natural has always been deeply rewarding. Years of Kundalini Yoga and Martial Arts have allowed me to be quite content without the influence of others. However, it appears you can only have a city mind in the country for so long before another city mind notices.

Someone did notice and that someone was Roger Kristiansen. I am not trying to out Roger Kristiansen; he was a good man with what I believe was a decent intent. Unfortunately Roger, if you are listening; the intellectual discussions we had regarding what was happening in America and the world that led you to believe I was a highly intelligent candidate for the US Department of State, were more than discussion. Those discussions were reality and the reality was peaking in 2003. So, a guy like me, who was too independent and creative to fit into that robot world anyway; was definitely not going to fit into some right-wing, neo-con, fundamental Christian bullshit. So, inadvertently or not, you threw me into the meat grinder or better yet, the Carnivorous Carnival. What I am getting at is that regardless of your motivations; I hold no grudges toward you. The good times were good times. One theory has it that you f...ed up with State and were trying to get back in their good graces. However, the source of that information says he represented No Such Agency and was putting an incredible amount of powder up his nose at the time so, his words are dubious at best, not to mention that he was the recent recipient of a terrible beating. But (I remember being told that you shouldn't start a sentence with but, but I am taking literary license with this composition), so as not to further delay the purpose of this piece which is the discontinuation of my interest in geopolitics and politics in general, I must move on.

There were many topics I was considering elucidating on for my next OSIIS article. First, I considered doing a piece on the impact, blowback and reverse effects that US foreign policy was having in Latin America. Country by country from, Central to South America (except, maybe, Belize); I was going to display how the US penchant for covertly overthrowing governments had backfired. Then I thought about doing a leadership profile on Sudan's President Omar Al-Bashir. I was going to discuss his participation in the Egyptian military and in Egypt's war with Israel and how these, among his other historical experiences, such as the bombing of the Sudanese pharmaceutical company (Al-Shifa, I believe) would prevent him from agreeing to any Darfur crisis resolutions that were beneficial to the US or Israeli interests. After doing extensive research on both of these topics, I still wasn't motivated.

What was happening?, I thought to myself. How could I not be interested anymore. Then, like the illumination of a giant light bulb, I realized the answer. I had never really cared about this stuff. The only reason I ever wrote about it in the first place is because it was introduced to me and I was capable. As my father once said, it can be a curse to be good at too many things because then you may never pick one. That was the point, I wrote the reports I did because I could. I believed that they were insightful and beneficial for America's future. And not being one to avoid what I perceived to be a great career opportunity; I plunged myself into the Carnivorous Carnival headfirst. That decision created no small amount of angst in my life but the main point is; I was never interested in the first place. The Carnival came looking for me (recruited). I was never looking for it. When it did come looking for me I was living on a remote three acre lot, tending my greenhouse and running a Honda generator when I wanted to watch TV or play PS2.

So that is pretty much the jist of it. I was never into it in the first place and I only participated out of patriotism and survival. Perhaps, most interesting is how the former got changed into the latter. So thank you, everyone for reading my work. Writing again has been a good thing in general but the content of OSIIS is going to change. What is next? I am not sure but, I have recently learned how to body/boogie board, I am working on a short film (all hijinks, no politics) and I am preparing to move to Europe. All of the aforementioned are exciting, fun things that I have always been interested in. No, they don't include a 401K and “security” but I been living this life a certain way so far so there is no turning back now.

For my final political commentary, I have the following:

I will always wonder what happened to Russ Tice and what he wanted to expose, but I think I know. Believe me people the truth about 911 and Abu Ghraib is nothing compared to some of the sickness being perpetrated under the guise of National Security. Call it conspiracy theory if you will but people just don't decide to all of a sudden go crazy in there 30's. Lee Harvey Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan and Timothy McVeigh are good examples. Now think Manchurian Candidate, A Beautiful Mind, 1984, The Matrix and Treadstone. Now take all those pieces, mash'em together and multiply'em to the tenth power.

The US Congress exposed MK-Ultra in the 70's. It was real. If that program or variations of it never totally ceased then what level is it at now in 2007. Use logic. I am going to leave it at that because I know Americans love their disinformation. I mean if we don't get our disinformation then we can't be happy. And if we aren't happy then we might have to seek the truth. And Lord knows that the last thing we want to hear about is the truth. I will agree that ignorance is bliss and that with much knowledge comes much pain. There must be a masochistic gene within me because I always had to understand the heartbeat of anything I was involved with. Maybe, it is because Scorpio rules my Eighth House and I have a few planets in there. Who knows but, suffice it to say there are no more mysteries for me. And the truth is that the “truth is stranger then fiction”. As Jack Nicholson put it, “You can't handle the truth”. The main challenge that people are going to find is that no matter what you try to do to the truth; it is impossible to destroy. You can twist it, you can bury it, you can hide it, but you can't destroy it because it is immortal. Additionally, it has been said that “ye shall know the truth and it shall set you free”. Well, I'm free.

I've also learned many other things on this journey such as some of Pliny's works, that at some point in history certain people wore bells around there necks, that there once was a land called Khazaria and a host of other things that I was curious about.

Good luck, America, you have got your work cut out for you. I have always believed in the ideas of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The ideas of freedom and government for the people and by the people are excellent. Hopefully, one day, those concepts can graduate from mouthwash to reality.

And to everyone in the intelligence community who got involved out of idealism regarding the aforementioned concepts; firstly, I empathize with you; secondly, good luck.

Lastly, here is a riddle.

Q. What do you get when you mix Irish, African, Native American and German?

A. Jonas Holmes III



Aloha from Hawaii,

Jonas Holmes III, traveler

No comments: