Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rock N Me

Don’t ask me. I don’t know what happened to America. We used to be sex, drugs and rock n roll. Then somehow we lost our soul. Has the heartbeat of Woodstock been reduced to a Mountain Dew commercial or a Homeland Security Operation? Shit, or better yet, Geeezus Christ, didn’t we used to jam to Swingtown by the Steve Miller band? Weren’t people from around the world flocking to get here? I mean when is the last time we had to rescue some Cuban refugees? Is the land of Castro actually more exciting now then football, hamburgers and Baskin Robbins? Remember when all we had to worry about was the weather? Of course, freedom isn’t free. But what happens when it is not Freedom anymore? Should we change the National Anthem? Remember when there were good fights between the Democrats and Republicans but we all went out to watch Mike Tyson knock someone the f—k out? Somehow, when Iron Mike bit off that chunk of ear we all stopped listening to our Souls.

I mean who has got better music than the USA? No one, baby! I’ll put money on that. Who invented the car, television, phone, and light bulb? I mean without America the world would be some walkin’, no communication, in the dark mutha…shut your mouth! So, let’s can all this right wing, left wing, abortion, gay marriage bullshit. It is starting to look like divide and conquer. Our informed dissent has always made us stronger as a country. From Rage Against The Machine to Sinatra; that was the great thing, everybody in America did their own thing. I don’t know how we went from most loved to most despised overnight. Just listen to “Take the Money and Run” by Steve Miller. I think it is self explanatory.

The bottom line is once we stop havin’ fun and get stuck in some lock step, robotic, automaton-like existence, well, then we ain’t livin’ in the U.S.A. anymore. To tell you the truth, I don’t know who is responsible for f—kn things up so much. It seems like it would have to be a joint effort to do so much damage so fast. I knew the end was near when Janet Jackson’s titty almost shut down television broadcasting. I mean is that the future, we become so self-righteous that while we shed blood around the world we pray with a bullet in our hand. Did you know North Korea’s literacy rate is 99%. I don’t even want to know what it is in America. How important is staying the course when we can’t even spell it? Who knows, I am no magician, or genie. If anything, my friends say I am to idealistic. But, if I can’t be idealistic about America in America then we are all in trouble. You know what I’m talkin’ about!

For inspiration check out Jet Airliner. I guess, this is Steve Miller day for us old coots.

No comments: