Friday, October 27, 2006

POLL

The question for today ladies and gentlemen, faithful, lovable and loyal readers, is the following. This one is a doozie so take your time.

Should people be able to think whatever it is they want to think? Or, should people only think the way that they are supposed to think? Guarantee this is going to be a 50/50 split?

Personally, I think that people should only think the way they are supposed to think because that's good for Democracy...i think? Or somewhere, somehow I got that understanding that not thinking but going rah...rah...rah stay the course made me a better human being. It glorified me into a world of thinking that I am better than everybody else or superior because I go rah...rah...rah...

Life became Monday Night Football. Except, on MNF there is more strategy and logic than in world geopolitics. I don't know if you sense it but, everyone seems to think there is something brilliant about not thinking. Therefore, if you are the greatest non-thinker you should be the President. There is no need for deep thought. Iran is ready to wipe any opponent off the face of the map. North Korea is giving America the Middle Finger. We are spilling our own blood all over Iraq. Taiwan is about to invest all its money in China. Korea is giving America the Middle Finger. South America is giving the USA the Middle Finger. Basically, the US is sitting and spinning on a whole lot of Middle fingers.

I tried to help. I really did. I never meant to get involved. I was an artist, you know? So, I decided to draw some cartoons one day under the pseudonym of Al Weisman.

Why? Because, as a child I devoured MAD magazine, along with any other available reading material including shampoo bottles and mouthwash labels. I am a reading maniac. Anyhoo,I started drawing political cartoons because it is creative, it is funny and I can.

Before you know it someone finds me, sponsors me and the next thing you know; I am testing to be an FSO at the US Department of State. It was crazy shit!!! Honestly, I didn't even know who the Dept. of State was. I was living in the woods, remotely, peacefully, just looking for a steady living that wasn't the "corporate world". But I am no dummy, once I started studying what I was into, not because I wanted to be a spook, but because I was attracted to the longevity, income, mental utilization and patriotism of it, I started soaking things up.

(What I am trying to say is that until the Dept. of State popped into my life; I had never ever contemplated, much less written a political paper.) So when I wrote what I wrote, I think it caught some people by surprise. They couldn't understand but to me it was easy, still is. I think if I ever took the time to be amazed, it wouldn't be so easy anymore.

Anyway, to make a long story short, my two dogs are dead, my ex is my ex but my life goes on. So, if anyone is interested in hiring a guy that can draw some cartoons and keep a somewhat decent conversation then you can find me at Aloha Discount Liquor in Kihei, HI. That was my reward for my patriotism and trust me even that was hard won.

PS. I am a little tired of being dragged around by the current State of the Union and I would love to go to Europe and learn languages or whatever.

ppss. I would like to xpress my regrets that the private European corporation that was originally interested in my skills got scared away but I understand, you were probably intimidated but you guys looked like and still appear to be a class outfit.

pppsss. And yes, I am unusually candid about this whole scenario. That is because, I have nothing to hide and was just looking for honest work in the first place. You can see some of my toons at http://im-agefilms.blogspot.com/ Aloha!

No comments: